Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Puzzle Mania

           Today I would like to say a few words about my new hobby- completing puzzles. It all started when I spotted a 500-piece puzzle with a Taj Mahal picture on it. I decided to buy it and I soon solved it. I experienced a great joy when I placed the last piece on its place. Then I bought a 1000-piece fluorescent puzzle with Eiffel Tower. It slightly glows in darkness. It took me a few days to solve it. Subsequently, I bought a 1500-piece puzzle depicting Montmartre district in Paris and another one with Chenonceau castle. Next, I glued it to plywood and hung it in my room. Now I feel as if I were in France there. I always start by completing the frame, which is the easiest part, then I sort the pieces according to their colour. The sky is always the hardest thing to solve because a lot of pieces have almost the same tone. I prefer puzzles with architectural details. Landscapes and animals are also nice but I tend to choose puzzles with great monuments. I also purchaised a puzzle with St. Marc place in Venice. It's a great mind- stimulating activity which makes you calm and serene. Although it sometimes required a lot of patience and perseverance, the final effect is worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment